Daria Strokous, Vanessa Axente, Lindsey Wixson, Marie Piovesan, Hedvig Palm, and Antonia Vasylchenko at Christian Dior Couture Fall 2012
what are your summer must haves?
- Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner: It has a lovely, light scent and is unbelievably refreshing. I use it after I wash my face and before I apply moisturizer. I have also been using it on bug bites. Witch Hazel is known for relieving itchiness and helps me to stop scratching my bites.
- Maxi dresses: It’s so hard to dress the way that I want to in 100+ degree weather. I’ve been alternating between a couple maxi dresses lately because they’re just so easy, cool (note: cotton is your friend during the summer months), and can easily be changed up with accessories.
- Boots No. 7 Quick Thinking 4 in 1 Facial Wipes: I’ve actually recommended these to all of my closest friends and they’re just as obsessed as I am. I can honestly say that these wipes do everything that it says they do and that they’re the best facial wipes I’ve ever used. They’re nice to have on hand when traveling or near your nightstand when you’re too tired to wash your face.
- Woven Tote Bag: I found mine at a yard sale and have been taking it everywhere! It’s a nice alternative to a canvas tote when you go to the pool or the beach.
- Oversized Floppy Hat: I haven’t found my perfect summer hat yet but this one looks promising.
- Printed Shorts: I’ve been wearing a pair of stripped blue shorts all summer, but I’ve had my eye on this ikat print since the Spring 2012 J. Crew presentation. Any print works!
- Bobble: Not fashion related, but my old filtered water bottle just broke and I was forced to buy a new one. I’ve heard good things about Bobble so I decided to make the purchase. It’s a necessity if you’re an avid water drinker and want to be safe drinking tap. Austin actually has great tap water, but you never be too sure.
- Chloé Eau de Parfum + Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh: I’ve been alternating between these two scents. Both of them are perfect for summer!
why did u decide to switch schools?
Which time? I’ve transferred two times now, hah. I left Kansas State University for many reasons, but at the end of the day I genuinely felt like I didn’t belong there. I went with my gut and I have absolutely no regrets leaving considering the opportunities that followed.
I suppose moving schools the second time was mostly due to me relocating rather than the school itself, but my decision to move to Austin was very similar. I enjoyed my school in Dallas, but I felt as though I was supposed to be in Austin. It’s my favorite city in Texas and my family and closest friends all live here. I felt like moving to Austin was what I was supposed to do in order to be happy, and it was a very easy decision to make.
"Instaglam", Laura Kampman photographed by Kacper Kasprzyk in V Magazine #78
are high waisted shorts still "in" ?
Who cares? Wear what you want to wear. The fashion industry is changing too quickly to care about what’s “in”.
is journalism what you expected it to be or would you change? i'm not sure whether to do it or english? :S
I’m still taking my general classes so I can’t exactly answer this question. As far as choosing between journalism and English - I think that really depends on your career goals and what major best fits you. I’d recommend making an appointment with an adviser or talking to a couple of teachers that you admire that majored in journalism or English to weigh the pros and cons.
"I See Who You Are", Katryn Kruger photographed by Hugh Lippe in Exit Magazine Spring 2012
what are you majoring in?
where do you buy vogue italia in the usa?
I buy all of my magazines off of Magazine Cafe, but Vogue Italia is usually sold at book stores like Barnes & Noble as well.
"Collections", Elena Bartels, Vanessa Axente, Mackenzie Drazan, Julia Nobis, Lida Fox, Hedvig Palm, Lula Österdahl, Erjona Ala, Ros Georgiou, and Ophelie Rupp photographed by Steven Meisel in Vogue Italia July 2012