what are your summer must haves?
- Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner: It has a lovely, light scent and is unbelievably refreshing. I use it after I wash my face and before I apply moisturizer. I have also been using it on bug bites. Witch Hazel is known for relieving itchiness and helps me to stop scratching my bites.
- Maxi dresses: It’s so hard to dress the way that I want to in 100+ degree weather. I’ve been alternating between a couple maxi dresses lately because they’re just so easy, cool (note: cotton is your friend during the summer months), and can easily be changed up with accessories.
- Boots No. 7 Quick Thinking 4 in 1 Facial Wipes: I’ve actually recommended these to all of my closest friends and they’re just as obsessed as I am. I can honestly say that these wipes do everything that it says they do and that they’re the best facial wipes I’ve ever used. They’re nice to have on hand when traveling or near your nightstand when you’re too tired to wash your face.
- Woven Tote Bag: I found mine at a yard sale and have been taking it everywhere! It’s a nice alternative to a canvas tote when you go to the pool or the beach.
- Oversized Floppy Hat: I haven’t found my perfect summer hat yet but this one looks promising.
- Printed Shorts: I’ve been wearing a pair of stripped blue shorts all summer, but I’ve had my eye on this ikat print since the Spring 2012 J. Crew presentation. Any print works!
- Bobble: Not fashion related, but my old filtered water bottle just broke and I was forced to buy a new one. I’ve heard good things about Bobble so I decided to make the purchase. It’s a necessity if you’re an avid water drinker and want to be safe drinking tap. Austin actually has great tap water, but you never be too sure.
- Chloé Eau de Parfum + Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh: I’ve been alternating between these two scents. Both of them are perfect for summer!